Tuesday, October 20, 2009

100 Meter Dash

Give me, give me, give me
A command spoken much to often
I only ask that what is given
Is only what I deserve
The nerve
Of me to be so demanding
So what is it that I want
The answer lies in the shrugg
Of frigid shoulders
And the weight of the world
Twice over
I
Want
You

From the bottom of my nimble sole
To the tip top of my simple soul
Where ever that is
But is sounds good
Right?
Give
Me
You

This is no command
Or demand
But as my soul is
This plea is
One in the same
I've longed for the very word after "me"
For some time that seems quite
The delight in my patience
Steadfast in my wait
Numb
this very sensation
Fills me with hate
The irony
To feel and not to feel
All at once
I
Feel
You

Like nothing I've ever felt before
Cliché
But my senses don't have any memories
Or remnants of anything like this
Stored
Deep within my mind
Right next to the very place you reside
The beauty of my thoughts
Come no where close
To the regalness which is you
But will the simile suffice
Or was that a metaphor
-scratches head-
Whatever
You see what I'm getting at
Like we've looked from the same eyes
Wise and slow
We'll go
Assuiming that you're coming
Not that way, though I hope
you are
Knowing I'll last
But those who run
stumble fast
So the pace has
To be steady
Get mark

Get set...


And the words before that

No comments: