Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Writer's Block

Ironically
I fell for the perfunctory cliche
It not you its me
Without any debate
I accepted what she stated
What else could I really do
Thought she was all I needed
From the memories that preceded
The statement two lines up
Now I'm stuck
Played the fool
Stared at the sun
'Til it burned out my eye sight
Now blinded
I can barely write this
But this poem must go on
I don't know
Have no clue
How much longer
These letters don't seem to fit together
To make the words that go one after another
To form sentences on top of each other
Into stanzas
I don't know
Have no clue
What to write anymore
This came so easily
I took it for granted
Scribble a couple words
Cross them out
Lines slanted
Ball the paper up
Add it to the poem mountain
Growing from my trash can
I can't do it
The same thing keeps coming out
I don't know
Have no clue
This seems so rehearsed
Like the times you where here
I guess I stayed in the sun too long
Was I wrong
Yearned for words and phrases
Elated from sentences you stated
I'm tanned and empty
And blind
Who lives in reverse
Its like my heart won't let it go
My mind gets its
But it keeps fucking with me
I'm grieving
And to my luck the words are leaving
Just like you
How am I to write
Or stay strong


When even the sun moves on